Care at Home Specialists, AStar Homecare Limited
Before we provide any care at home, we like to meet each individual and family/friends for a full person-centred consultation.
AStar Homecare was established by a normal husband and wife who really wanted to make a difference with care at home services. Adam and Gill, who both have level 5 in Leadership and Management in Health and Social Care, could see there was a need for an outstanding home care provider locally. They wanted to change the face of care and share positive stories. Create a fun and positive workplace where teamwork is dream work.
So, Gill set out on her journey to become Registered Manager by doing lots of voluntary work for Age UK, voluntary work at the local hospital and care agency and extensive training, all to fully understand and appreciate what peoples experiences of the care sector were and to see how AStar could maybe improve this.
From then, in October 2018, Gill became the Registered Manager and we were awarded our registration.
- October 2018 – Registered with CQC
- November 2018 – Trained our first 6 team members
- December 2018 – Started our first support packages
- March 2019 – Sustainable growth meant introduction of Area supervisors
- June 2019 – Winner of Best New Business award 6+ Employees
- July 2019 – Our very own video was created to show people what we do
- August 2019 – Sustainable growth meant we needed more support in the office
- September 2019 – Inspected and rated Outstanding by the CQC
- October 2019 – Our BBC News appearance
- December 2019 – New offices and training room and we raised £350.00 for Alzheimers society Charity
- January 2020 – Sustainable growth meant we needed more support in the office
- March 2020 – COVID 19 came and we grew stronger – Worked from home
- May 2020 – It was tough, but we are still here and Covid free
- July 2020 – Back to the new normal and office days
- August 2020 – Perspex screen going up and new branded car for AStar!
- September 2020 – New Website launched
Everybody wants to maintain independence later in life. We offer the support, empowerment and encouragement to live life as comfortably and independently as possible.
As a family run company, you will personally meet me, Gill Holden, Director and Registered Manager of AStar Homecare Services and often speak with Adam Holden who is at the office. We personally ensure all our team are trained to our high standards to ensure you will receive a personal and professional care at home service.
Speak to one of our excellent advisors about your care at home requirements on 01948 302131, we’d be delighted to help you.
AStar Team Members
Our team of home carers, all directly employed by us, are trained in the classroom, beyond industry standards to understand the complex needs of our individuals.
Why choose AStar Homecare
AStar Homecare is a brighter alternative when you or your loved one are struggling with the challenges of living at home, often alone. With a team of highly trained, professional carers, we will provide a bespoke home care package for you with reassuring continuity and all the comforts of home, where life can go on with a reliable normality.
- Stay in the comfort of your own home
- Bespoke support plan designed to suit you
- Rated Outstanding in the first year
- Awarded Best New Business in Shropshire 2019
- Fully qualified team of carers and managers trained by award winning trainers
- Caring, compassionate and happy team
- Strive to go the extra mile
What makes us different
Our award-winning home care service is as unique as you are. Whether you need supporting a few hours a week, a few hours daily, overnight or 24 hours care we can provide a package of support that will suit your needs.
- Experienced, fully trained team
- All our team undergo an enhanced DBS check
- Fully Insured
- English Speaking
- Person Centered support plans
- Family values-based service
- All the team live locally so we can provide an efficient, responsive service
What we do
We offer the support, empowerment and encouragement to live life as comfortably and independently as possible in your own home.
End of life care
We believe people have the right to choose where they wish to spend the last days of their lives with family close by.
Dementia care and support helps you to have the support needed to carry on living in the place you know and love, your own home.
Respite care breaks are an opportunity for carers to take a holiday or simply spend some time looking after their own needs.
Let Astar Homecare support your needs to relearn the skills required to keep your loved ones safe and independent at home.
Everyone should be able to be supported without the fear of judgment, transphobia, biphobia, discrimination, homophobia or stigma.
AStar Homecare Would Love to help you
For many people, care and support at home is a wonderful, welcome alternative to residential care. Our specialist home care service provides one-to-one support tailored to suit you, and in many cases is financially more beneficial.
Head Office Address
Monday - Friday: 9am to 5pm
Out of office hours:
Please telephone 01948 302131 and you will be directed to the Oncall Manager.