Home care services from AStar Homecare Limited
Home care services in Shropshire & Cheshire, the personal and award winning care service in your home.
AStar Homecare is a brighter alternative when you or your loved one are struggling with the challenges of living at home, often alone. With a team of highly trained, professional carers, we will provide a bespoke home care services package for you with reassuring continuity and all the comforts of home, where life can go on with a reliable normality.
Our award-winning home care services are rated as excellent by the CQC and are as unique as you are:
Whether you need supporting a few hours a week, a few hours daily, overnight or 24 hours care we can provide a package of home care services that will suit your needs.
- Stay in the comfort of your own home
- Bespoke support plan designed to suit you
- Rated Outstanding in the first year
- Awarded Best New Business in Shropshire 2019
- Fully qualified team of carers and managers trained by award winning trainers
- Caring, compassionate and happy team
- Strive to go the extra mile
Whether you just need someone to check on your loved one first thing in the morning and help with personal care or breakfast or getting dressed you can be assured that our fully-trained carers will be on hand to help. They can also assist with other areas, such as:
- Medication support
- Helping with mobility
- Facilitating hobbies, activities, and social interaction
- Preparing meals and tending to household tasks
Our amazing team of carers are equipped with the latest technology and use a digital platform to record and monitor notes, medications, meals and appointments. It enables a genuinely proactive approach to our home care services where issues such as falls, or infections can be anticipated and prevented.
For an increasing number of people, care and support at home is a wonderful, welcome alternative to residential care. Our specialist home care services provide one-to-one support and tailored to suit you and in many cases financially more beneficial.
Speak to one of our excellent advisors about your home care services on 01948 302131, or fill in the short form below, we’d be delighted to help you.
AStar Homecare Would Love to help you
Please fill out this simple enquiry form and one of our AStar Homecare representatives will give you a call back at your convenience.
Our 7 Simple Steps to Help with Your Care
We would love to hear from anyone who is considering AStar Homecare for their support. Here are the 7 simple steps you will take to express your interest.
- Express your interest – call us or fill in the enquiry form (above) and let us know you are looking for support. We will then take down more information and arrange an initial visit.
- Initial visit – This is a free service where Gill or one of the managers will come out to your home and meet you and tell you all about our company and what we do. We will also find out al about you and exactly what it is you’re looking for. You are welcome to invite any trusted person to attend and support you too.
- Decision – When you have decided on AStar Homecare we will then arrange a start date and confirm appointment times with you. When you are happy with all of this we will start.
- DAY 1 – You will always be introduced to any new faces and never be faced with a stranger. Our highly trained, professional team will always be in uniform and show you their ID badges. We will bring our files and personal protective equipment to leave in your home for the team of carers.
- Paperwork – you will be asked to sign some documents around your care and support such as data protection, consent for care, medications consent and so on. We will talk you through all of this to ensure you understand.
- Quality Assurance – You will receive regular calls or visits to ensure the smooth start of any care and support from our team. We also send out quality assurance questionnaires to ensure the smooth running of the company and always ensure best practice and outstanding support.
- Changes – You can make changes over the telephone at any time by speaking to one of our friendly team members.
What we do
We offer the support, empowerment and encouragement to live life as comfortably and independently as possible in your own home.
End of life care
We believe people have the right to choose where they wish to spend the last days of their lives with family close by.
Dementia care and support helps you to have the support needed to carry on living in the place you know and love, your own home.
Respite care breaks are an opportunity for carers to take a holiday or simply spend some time looking after their own needs.
Let Astar Homecare support your needs to relearn the skills required to keep your loved ones safe and independent at home.
Everyone should be able to be supported without the fear of judgment, transphobia, biphobia, discrimination, homophobia or stigma.
Providing exceptional care in your home
As a family run home care company, you will personally meet me, Gill Holden, Director and Registered Manager of AStar Homecare Services and often speak with Adam Holden who is at the office. We personally ensure all our team are trained to our high standards so you receive a personal and professional care at home service.
Awesome Team Members
Cups of Tea
From Our Home Care Individuals
We ensure our home care service is a positive experience by providing the very best, highly trained team of carers who respect your views and listen to what YOU want.
“Exceptional staff & Managers. The care and compassion given to my husband is fantastic. He is only in his early 50’s but disabled and can’t speak, they communicate with him, encouraging and motivating him to do as much for himself as possible. They follow an extensive programme of exercise and movement with him daily. It’s lovely to hear him laugh and the staff have really got to know him as a person. They always go above and beyond, nothing is ever too much trouble. They are as their name states ASTAR.”
“WE as a family never imagined that we would be able to find such a dedicated team of carers who would enable our mum to live in her own home at 96! The team is driven by the commitment, determination and professionalism of Gill and Adam Holden, who themselves work as part f the team, ensuring that they know and understand the individuals needs. They show commitment to the welfare of their team and this is reflected in the quality of care and communication shown by all staff. Above all the staff care about their clients and all show enjoyment of the job.. As a family we feel fully involved in mums day to day care and feel that the carers have become part of our extended family. From all of mums family far and wide. THANK YOU!”
“AStar began their care for me 16 months ago after a short hospital stay- They started with only a days’ notice and have been totally reliable, arriving promptly to time every morning . All of the caring staff are cheerful, caring, and very professional in their work, nothing is too much trouble and they note everything necessary in a log book. Every day I know who to expect as I get a rota with pictures and I really look forward to their visits, meaning a good happy start to each day.”
“Mum has been receiving care from AStar since the beginning of December 2018. Initially, I was very apprehensive about choosing a care company, but one of the owners (Gillian) came to visit us and put us entirely at ease. Since that time, we have been delighted with the service provided by AStar. All mum's carers are pleasant, professional, reliable and thoughtful people and mum loves them too. They are all well trained and briefed about mum's care needs. They also go above and beyond their duties when needed. Overall, AStar provide an excellent level of care. What I also like is that the owners (Adam or Gillian) share the caring for their clients from time to time, so they are aware as to what care is needed for each client. I cannot speak highly enough of them and would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone..”
Our office hours:
Monday - Friday: 9am to 5pm
Out of office hours:
Please telephone 01948 302131 and you will be directed to the Oncall Manager.